15 April 2010

My Creative Space

Yey, in my creative space this week I finished the sleeping bag! So after sandwiching the layers and cutting out the pattern, I quilted around a few of the groovy flowers to hold it all together (I only ended up doing a few at the back). I also made enough single fold binding to go around the neck, arm holes and sides of zip.

It was then a case of assembling; I started on the zip by binding the two edges of the front pieces where the zip goes and then 'stitched in the gutter' to attach the zip......I love saying that:). I then stitched the front to the back at the shoulders and attached the binding around the neck and arm holes. Finally turn it inside out and stitch all the way around the sides and bottom to join.

The blanket used instead of wadding makes it perfect for chilly nights. Just make sure you lengthen your stich (3.5 on my machine) and use a 11+ needle cos there's some serious thickness you're sewing there.




I had a fab day yesterday sewing clothes for Maggie; two dresses made from sheets, and trousers made from my jersey cotton stash. I may finish off the bottoms of the trousers with trimmings but I really should have done that before I stitched them up. I was just too keen to get them on her and to the park, such a beautiful day today in Tassie. I'll put up pictures of the blue dress I made another time.


I love using binding and ric-rac around the arms, neck and bottom.......any excuse to use ric-rac, I love it:). When you're done here, pop over to Kootoyoo to see what others have been up to. It's such a fab way to share projects, abit like a show and tell of your creations.

4 comments:

Allana said...

Maggie's sleeping bag and dress look great Claire! Awesome job :)

Unknown said...

love the bag, it's turned out so well :) .. and that dress has taken me right back to pics of me in dresses mum made in the early 70's ... probably the same fabric! too funny :) ... Maggie looks great!

Bubby Makes Three said...

Those sleeping bags are great! Good ones are so expensive to buy - - clearly you are much cleverer with zippers than I am!!! hmm must get around to doing basic sewing course....

Melinda said...

Your things look great. Retro but modern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...