18 November 2010

My Creative Space

A friend recently had a baby. We didn't know if it was going to be a girl or a boy. I wasn't really sure they'd like my quilts - but really who wouldn't? And I'm kinda bored of making soft toys. So I thought back to when Maggie was born and tried to remember our favourite presents, you know those that you couldn't be without. It was easy to remember as we still comment on how brilliant and completely gorgeous Maggie's little sleeping bag is - thanks Lisa and Walshy.

So I'm now making this little sleeping bag for new baby Jake. I choose the fabrics before he was born. Red and purple are so great together and perfect for a little baby boy or girl don't you think? The hand stitching around the arm holes was a bit fiddly as there are so many layers.


I turned to baby Jake's daddy for inspiration for a little applique. He has a silly monster truck type car so I found a photo of that and did a little applique with Jake's name as the number plate.


This has kept me happily consumed this week. It's been fun doing something different, something so blokey:).

I finished it just in time for this post, unfortunately not in time for his birth though! To check out what else has been happening in blogland and to play along in My Creative Space too, have a little lookie here, plus check out Kirsty's gorgeous pony skirt made using a pattern from from the new 'Meet Me At Mike's' book.



5 comments:

Anita said...

Very clever Claire. I'm sure Jake will enjoy many snuggly hours in the new sleeping bag. This is a fantastic creation. Well done. x

BOB & MABEL said...

Very cute and it must have taken ages! Great effort.

spectacularfairywren said...

that is super! I also have a friend with a monsta truck husband... what is wit these mens?

Unknown said...

thats great what a good idea, love it hun, well done ;-)) Dee xx

Unknown said...

you're welcome chook! And that applique is fabulous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...