01 April 2010

Pincushion Swap

I have to confess I was so excited about doing my first ever swap that I think I had my pincushion finished after only a couple of late nights. But I held off posting it until this week for fear of appearing too keen:))) My partner, who will hopefully have received it by now, requested pink and cream. That was a challenge as being a colour vulture, I don't do cream.  And when it comes to pink, I go for the shocking variety over the baby variety every time. But I did have a small piece of very special fabric that I bought in an antiques shop in Honiton, Devon that I was saving for a very special small project which would be just perfect. I had always looked forward to using the flowers in this fabric. The cream coloured canvas was left over after I re-covered the seat of my rocking chair and was an absolute bugger to sew as the weave was so loose. So here it is, my pincusion swap. Check out some of the others here.

7 comments:

Louise @ Illume Design said...

very cute...

Kate said...

That is one gorgeous pin cushion!
She'll adore it!
Thanks for playing and for being such an ace swapper. X

Julie said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Thankyou so much Claire.

Sue said...

Your pin cushion is really nice and I love the fabric you used for the top of it!

Claire Gale said...

hey julie, so glad you liked it. i forgot to put the pins in the parcel, what with all the enthusiasm and all :))))

Claire Gale said...

sue, i have just a wee bit which i love to use for applique flowers.

Cathie said...

wow, that is wonderful!
I bet your swap partner loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...