10 March 2010

New Baby Quilt

A friend, who is also a novice but very enthusiastic sewer, is expecting a baby in April and a group of us have decided to make a special quilt for the baby. We will all produce an individually designed square measuring 30/30cm which will then be put together to form a quilt. The square can be made according to the skills of the individual; some can applique designs, use embroiderey, fabric paint, knitting, the options are endless. It's such a lovely gift for a newborn to treasure forever as each square reflects the individual who made it. I have done this before and it wasn't a great success but this time I have high hopes so I will keep you posted how it develops. This is my square which I did this afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...